Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Civilization Redefined

I have always held with the popular definition of civilization that we are all taught in school. The whole first world, second world, third world thing. I’m not talking about people. We all know uncivilized people and behavior. No I’m talking about the definition of civilization. I have come to the conclusion lately that I need to redefine it. Here’s my new definition: If your cell phone works it’s civilized. If not then it is the wilderness.

I can’t begin to tell how frustrating it is to not be able to make and receive calls anywhere but in a two mile square area in town. How am I supposed to make business calls, call my friends/family or (most importantly) call my girlfriend? I am feeling very “away from my life” right now and it’s starting to make me a bit nutso. Last night I drove the 8 miles to town and sat in a parking lot for an hour so I could call my mom and then Meghan. It’s really pissing me off. If I were in Zimbabwe I would just accept it but this is a BIG CITY in the USA! What the fuck?! Why do I pay $150 a month to have the phone if I can’t get it to work? I am told that Cingular (not T-Mobile) works well here and I know they do at home so I’ll be switching later this week just as soon as my phone comes back from the guy who’s “unlocking” it for me (for a small fee of course).

Ok that’s enough bitching for today. Off to work. I sold like a crazy man yesterday and Rob was mighty pleased. Today, with luck, I’ll actually get to work on what I was hired to do.

Later,
Sam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you got a working cell phone. it is very frustrating. take it from a girl on the receiving end of her boyfriend who has poor cell reception for the summer, do all that you can and let her know you aer doing all you can to call her. find a payphone and use your calling card or whatever.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home