Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Where the fuck am I?

OK so seven weeks out east with a few quick trips back home for a day or two. I load up all of my stuff on Friday. Get the dogs in the car and drive back 11.5 hours to my little farmhouse. We arrive about 5:30pm and everyone is really happy to be home. The dogs keep running around the outside of the house barking just because. I get the car mostly unpacked and head inside to visit my TIVO. A little later Meghan shows up and we do what your supposed to after being away from your girl/boy for a month. Saturday is spent running around doing errands and just fucking off for a bit because Sunday...I have to drive to Bloomington, eat dinner with Meghan and her folks (they're really nice) and get to bed early. Why? Monday morning, 05:50 my ass is on a plane to Vegas. Six hours and some change later I land in Vegas and am met by some guys from work. We then drive an hour out into the desert and start INTERBIKE. That's the trade show for guys in the bicycle industry. I'll be working 'til Friday about noon when Meghan's plane arrives and I get to spend the weekend with her in Vegas. So right now it's 05:58 local and I've been awake for three hours. The level of general weirdness that Vegas has attached to my time confused brain and general lack of intellect are having an interesting effect. It's very odd here. And man can these women do that whole "I'm not a hooker I just dress like one here." thing. I haven't seen this many boobjobs in one place since I left here last year. Ok I gotta go do something...I think.

Later,
Sam

ps. Does anyone know if Phaedra got her pup?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samuele,
Don't forget to call or visit your Argentinian Candellone cousins.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you write the storyline for a Vegas Mystery/Mob flick while there. Maybe a "What comes from Vegas, stays in Vegas" - you could have loansharks trying to kidnap Rip Taylor and Ruth Buzzi - each kidnap attempt starts with Rip and Ruth seen walking down the old strip with wheeled walkers with tennis balls on the back legs. They are nabbed from behind and thrown into the trunk of a car (a puff of confetti flies out as it closes). The car arrives in Hollywood or some other easily identifiable place - open the trunk and it's empty - "What comes from Vegas, stays in Vegas". Run this through several times ala Groundhog day with differences in specifics but overall the same thing keeps happening over and over. That or maybe you could just have a game where you count Elvises (is the plural of Elvis Elvii?).

Have fun,
Lenny

11:58 AM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

YES!!!! Phaedra got a new "pup" although she's 6 years old. Her Vegas showgirl name was Blackstone's Queen Victoria, but I call her Kiki!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home